Crofton Veterinary Center offers both dental and full body digital x-rays to better diagnose and treat sick or injured pets.
Digital radiography provides x-ray images without the use of conventional film. This allows for the highest-quality images, while providing the lowest possible exposure of radiation to your pet.
Digital images can be computer enhanced to increase detail allowing our veterinarians to see fine detail and subtle changes.
|Pet's Full Body Digital X-ray||Pet's Digital Dental X-ray|
Benefits of Digital X-ray over Traditional Film X-ray
- Images are obtained much more quickly and with greater accuracy.
- Fewer retakes are required, resulting in less radiation exposure for both the patient as well as the staff.
- Images can be easily and quickly sent to other veterinarians, including board-certified veterinary radiologists, allowing us to get results in a matter of hours rather than days.
- Records can be stored electronically and are protected from damage or loss.
- The chemical processing step required to develop traditional film x-rays is eliminated, creating a huge reduction in chemical usage and hazardous waste.
- Digital x-ray allows us to provide superior care to our patients and supports our goal of progressive, high-quality medicine.